Client Experience Rating
- Please do not post any personally identifiable comments, including e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, home addresses, screen names or URLs
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity
- You should describe your experience as it happened. Useful comments are objective, provide details and give the reader a real feel for your experience. A good rule of thumb is to think about the questions that you would ask others when seeking recommendations
- Please refrain from offensive or abusive language. Comments should not identify any participant by name, harass, abuse, make false statements, defame, impersonate someone else, or contain illegal or otherwise objectionable content, as determined by HAR in its sole discretion. Reviews that reference illegal activity or false advertising will be removed from the site
- There should be no advertising of any kind
- There should be no obscene language
- Participants in the Client Experience Rating grant HAR the right to reproduce, use, distribute, display and grant access to such rating information as HAR deems appropriate. (No personally identifiable information will ever be shared, sold or otherwise displayed without consent)
Participation Rules (opt-in/opt-out)
- All REALTOR® Members of HAR will initially default to opt-in, without public display of the ratings or comments.
- REALTORS® will be given the opportunity to opt-out from the rating system. If a REALTOR® elects to opt-out, consumers on HAR.com will no longer be able to view their rating or their comments and REALTORS® will no longer be able to privately view their ratings or comments.
- Listing-by-listing selected opt-out will not be permitted. Opt-in means you agree to make your best efforts to obtain the survey from your client and provide client contact information to HAR for survey purposes only. One survey for each side of the transaction completed by one client will be accepted.
- If REALTOR® fails to provide client contact information within 15 days of request, REALTOR® will automatically be opted-out of the rating system.
- A REALTOR®'s total number of transactions will be displayed to consumers.
- The survey will be sent to the client within 10 days after the closing date.
- Clients have 15 days to submit survey
- REALTORS® who opt-out of the rating program agree that their past ratings will carry over if the REALTOR® opts back in at a later date.
- If a REALTOR® would like to make their ratings and comments visible on HAR.com, their listings and member Web site, they will need to opt-in, with public display.
- A REALTOR®'s client will agree to this disclaimer and guidelines:
Your comments are a valuable indicator of a REALTOR®'s reputation. Your comments will provide an experience rating from your transaction with your REALTOR® for other consumers to see, as well as your REALTOR®. As a participant of this experience survey, you should use caution and good judgment when leaving feedback about your REALTOR®.
- Once comments have been submitted, by client or by REALTOR®, they cannot be modified or deleted.
- Participants are not allowed to threaten each other with negative comments.
- REALTORS® may not require clients to leave specific comments. REALTORS® also may not demand that clients withdraw existing comments. These prohibitions apply to all comment activity, whether prior to, during, or after transaction.
- REALTORS® are not permitted to include in their listings or terms of sale any conditions that limit or restrict the clients from leaving comments.
Violations, Dispute & Rules Enforcement
- Automatic, removal of a REALTOR®'s participation in the Client Experience Rating Program
- Rating and/or comment removal
- Any dispute relating to REALTOR® ratings or comments or removal from the Client Experience Rating Program will be subject to appeal to the Quality Assurance Task Force. The Quality Assurance Task Force will make the determination for further action.
- If a REALTOR® is removed from the Client Experience Rating Program he or she may opt back in after one-year from being removed from the Client Experience Rating Program.
Investigation of Potential Abuse
- The client's phone number must be provided to HAR Staff within 4 days of the request.
- Appeal hearings before the Quality Assurance Task Force will occur within 30 days after the REALTOR® Member requests appeal in writing (e-mail).