Who Can Invest in Houston?
Who can invest in real estate in the United States? Almost everyone it seems from individuals, corporations, U.S. citizens, foreigners residing or not residing in the U.S.A. There are many real estate investment opportunities in Houston, from land to multi-family to office buildings.
Learn more about the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services EB-5 Immigrant Investor program on the following site: EB-5 Immigrant Investor
- Our Cost of Living
- Houston named Forbes™ coolest city July 2012
- Everyone is moving to Houston!
- Rent is high in houston
- Houston economy is strong and property values are stable
- Housing is comparatively affordable vs other cities
Things to know as a foreign investor in Houston
- Title insurance English, Spanish
- Information on title insurance from the Better Business Bureau
- Financing options:
- Several banks in the Houston area have programs set up to provide funding to foreign nationals. Search the internet to learn more about foreign national lenders in Houston, Texas.
- ⁃ PatriotBank,
- ⁃ BBVA Compass,
- ⁃ AmegyBank,
- ⁃ Oasis bank
- Search for Properties:
- Find a Houston REALTOR® that speaks your language or specializes in your culture.
- Work with one of HAR’s Certified International Property Specialists REALTORS®
What to be aware of as a foreign investor
- The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) withholding tax when a foreign national sells a U.S. property
- The IRS requirements for foreign persons receiving rental income on a U.S. property
- Property Taxes are due each year in Houston
- Form a good team to assist in your real estate matters:
- ⁃ Your Houston REALTOR®,
- ⁃ A Certified Public Account (CPA),
- ⁃ And perhaps an attorney