Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get the best exposure of my site on the internet?
- Use the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool on your HAR extranet to get ideas as to what words need to be used.
- Key words and phrases on your website, starting with the home page is a very important factor in getting website exposure. What words do you think someone would use to find real estate information? Those are the words that you need to add to your site.
- Your website title (the text in the browser’s top bar) adds to ranking on some search engines.
- Submit your website address (domain name) to free search engines and when possible, use pay-per-click to be a sponsored link on a search engine result.
Here are one major pay-per-click services:
Exchange your website link with other websites. For example provides a free exchange.
Free website submission sites
- Google.com – www.google.com/addurl/
- DMOZ.org – (Partnered with AOL) – Select Suggest URL
- MSN.com – https://search.msn.com/docs/submit.aspx (no ‘www’)
- INeedHits.com – Select the Free Tools link
- Promotionworld.com – Great learning source and promotional tools
- Instantposition.com – Various web promotion tools and articles
- Submitexpress.com/submit.html – Free submission page with optional email articles
Note: These sites are suggestions and not endorsed sites by the Houston Association of REALTORS®.
Other free websites
Adding links to additional websites from your non-HAR website is another way to provide visitors with information about your services. Feature neighborhood information, events, approved vendors, testimonials, listings and sold properties – anything that will bring visitors to your site.
Here are a few for you to visit:
- Geocities.yahoo.com – a very popular host for a free site
- Hellohouston.com – a local yellow page and city guide that provides a free web page.
There is a section for real estate agents
- Members.freewebs.com – Create a blog or list your properties here with links to your HAR website and or non-HAR website.