HAR.com Real Estate Community Guidelines
How to Participate
1. Sign Up to Get Started
Inform the community who you are and what are your interests. Accurate and truthful description of yourself and your credentials will give credibility to your questions and answers. NOTE: You must be 18 years of age to participate in the Real Estate Community.
2. Knowledge = Positive Contribution
3. Be Respectful
The Real Estate Community is made up of many types of Users, with various backgrounds, knowledge and beliefs; always be considerate of others and do not attack other community Users. Be respectful at all times.
4. Question and Answer Format
The Real Estate Community is a platform for questions and answers about real estate and the home buying and selling process; not a place to vent or post your frustrations from previous real estate transactions. All questions should be posted in the form of a question; answers should answer the question posed by a User. Failure to follow the question and answer format may result in deletion of postings.
5. Disclose Sources
Sources, if applicable, should be cited in answers. Posting of links to other web sites or blogs must be related to real estate and/or the question being asked.
6. Keep Content Relevant
All information posted should be appropriate and real estate related. If your question was answered and you benefitted from it, give it a good mark. For content that is either not relevant, plain spam or off-topic, please report it to us. Har.com has the right to remove content and/or prohibit access to Users who fail to abide by the Real Estate Community Guidelines.
7. Please Use English
8. Stay Cautious
9. No Legal Advice
10. Violations Subject to Removal
What you can't do
- That are discriminatory, abusive, obscene, threatening, libelous or otherwise objectionable.
- That misappropriates information, harasses, threatens, impersonates or invades another’s privacy, or shows belligerence against any individual or groups of individuals for any reason.
- That violate federal, state or local law, including but not limited to Federal, State or local Fair Housing Laws. Fair Housing Laws prohibit discrimination in the provision of housing based upon race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. Questions or answers that violate Fair Housing Laws is prohibited. This includes any posting that victimizes, harasses, degrades or intimidates any individual or group of individuals in the legally protected classes listed above.
- That uploads photos or content that are copyrighted or infringes a copyright.
- That misrepresents yourself or gives false credentials.